Monday, January 8, 2007

Cardiorespiratory Fitness


According to AFAA "Aerobics and Fitness Association of America" the following is recommended for Cardio Fitness Training.


Frequency: 3 to 5 days per week.


Intensity: 55 to 90% of maximum heart rate. (individuals who are healthy, yet deconditioned, should start at the lower end of the Maximum Heart Rate percentage.


Duration: 20 to 60 minutes of continuous or interval activity


Cardiorespiratory Fitness Ideas:

Walking

Hiking

Running

Jogging

Cycling

Swimming

Stair Climbing

In-line Skating

Aerobics


My favorites are:

Running, Skiing (snow and water), Kickboxing, Cycling and playing soccer. What are your favorites and are you getting at least 3 days of Cardio Training in?

(it is not too late to join - email lisapowellnyc@yahoo.com your fitness goals. You can do it!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorites are biking, swimming, snowboarding, wakeboarding, and soccer.

January 9, 2007 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger heather said...

I almost hate to admit it, but I'm a Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds girl. She's easy to do and I don't have to go out in bad weather to do it.

Actualy, my favorite form of movement is dancing...in a dance studio, in a club, in my living room...just put on some good music and let me go!

January 11, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Mamalang said...

My favorite is dancing too. I have managed a few gym visits that last two weeks...it's a start!

January 11, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home