Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Welcome KALIA


Kaila
Joined Get Fit on January 2, 2007
Current Weight and Height: 5' 3", 161 lbs (yikes!)
Goal Weight: 135
I just need accountability (I know how to lose it, it's the motivation I'm lacking), so this is perfect!
Fitness Goals: lose an average of 8 lbs a month (2 lbs a week)
3 months: Run 2 miles 3 times a week and weight train 3 times a week. cut calories to 1500/ day. Have 26 lbs off in 13 weeks (3 months)
6 months: Run 3 miles 4 times a week and maintain weight goal, be in St. George triathlon
9 months: stay fit
12 months: stay fit
Kaila -all right- go for it! I am cheering you on to make it to the St. George triathlon!

7 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

We look like we have similar goals, Kalia! My question for you is...how do you plan to cut your calories to 1500/day? My problem always has been that I do really well cutting out the snacks and lessening my portions throughout the day, but by dinner-time, either because I've gotten too hungry with all my portion-control or because I feel so proud my how well I've done all day that I feel I can afford to, I then seem to over-indulge at dinner, thus ruining the whole day. Do you have a more effective plan to cutting calories?

January 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Mumsy said...

Yes, I want to know that, too.

January 3, 2007 at 5:07 AM  
Blogger Kaila said...

I have to keep a food log or I cheat all over the place. I have a sheet for the week that lists 6 food groups with their alloted serving (vegetables--4 servings, breads--5 servings, meats--2 servings, milk--3 servings, fruits--6 servings and fats--3 servings). I eat 300 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 200 for a snack and 600 for dinner. I also keep a talley of my glasses of water a day (I drink 8 total--2 at each meal to help fill me up). I did this last year and lost 20 lbs but then cheated like mad when I had almost reached my goal, hence I'm here now, back at square one.

January 3, 2007 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Kaila said...

by the way, I failed to mention that Kaila is factotum

January 3, 2007 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger heather said...

Great idea...thanks!

January 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Kaila said...

I'm down 3 1/2 lbs!!!

January 11, 2007 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Get Fit in 2007 said...

Congrats - that is awesome! Keep it up you are doing GREAT

January 11, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home