Thursday, January 18, 2007



Tips -
Increase your consumption of grains, vegetables and fruit. Eat fresh whole foods rather than processed foods, emphasizing a wide variety of colors and textures.

Have organic food whenever possible and keep preservatives and chemicals to a minimum.

Moderate your use of butter, avoid margarine, cook with olive oil and eat nuts and seeds.

Chew your food well and avoid eating when you are upset.

When you are shopping, use the outside of the aisles (Junk food tends to be in the middle.)

Keep your house temptation-free. If you have a sweet tooth. Don't keep it in your house.
Drink water first. Often we mistaken thirst for hunger.
Do not drink your calories. Avoid sugar soft drinks, juice and coffee. One can of regular soda can take approximately one mile of running to burn off.
Do you have any tips that help you??
(it is never too late to join in. Email lisapowellnyc@yahoo.com your fitness goals!)

4 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Often when I think I'm hungry or need a snack, I brush my teeth instead. Sometimes all I really wanted was a flavor in my mouth rather than food.

January 18, 2007 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Mumsy said...

These are great.

I like to make soup with lots of veggies--I add lentils or barley sometimes. It seems filling and low-cal.

I also like to load up on salads. My favorite is spinach with just about whatever I have in the fridge. I go for low-fat dressing, or I make my own, and skip on the cheese or other higher cal/fat items.

I need tips on what to snack on at night when I'm unwinding! That seems to be the hardest time of day because the kids are finally in bed and I'm watching a show. I've tried to do the healthier version of popcorn and fruit, but what I really want is chocolate.

What does everyone else do?

Any other nursing moms? I'm having more trouble getting this weight off than after my first one. I feel hungry a lot and drinking tons of water doesn't always do the trick.

January 19, 2007 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Lizzy said...

If I don't start myday eating fruit, I seem to skip our on it. I try to eat a fruit or veg every time I eat...along with something else too.

January 25, 2007 at 5:16 AM  
Blogger heather said...

Lindsey....As for your chocolate cravings....

I like to chew those Viactiv chocolate calcium chews to get my chocolate fix. (I don't like milk, so I need a calcium substitute anyway.) They take awhile to chew so I get to savour the chocolate taste.

My other weakness is ice cream...I've started eating yougart instead.

But I also think we just need to start re-training our cravings! Try to stick with that fruit, too!

January 25, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home